What is IMCBio?
The IMCBio University Research School, winner of the Investment for the Future Programme, is an unprecedented integrated training programme from the Master’s to the Doctorate level, focused on integrative molecular and cellular biology, bringing together:
- 3 laboratories of excellence
- 4 national health biology infrastructures
- 1 equipment of excellence, the I2MC insectarium
The IMCBio wishes to attract the best students who wish to become researchers to train them in research through research. The objective will be to train a new generation of researchers capable of working at the interfaces of biology through:
- At the Master’s level:
- additional laboratory internships
- complementary training modules to the existing Masters courses
- summer schools, seminars and workshops throughout the training course
- At the doctoral level:
- a high-level training programme, provided by numerous researchers and engineers for the doctorate level
- opportunities for mobility during the PhD
With the joint support of the University of Strasbourg (Faculty of Life Sciences and the Life and Health Doctoral School), the CNRS and Inserm, this project, which is based on the graduate school model, has the threefold ambition of strongly linking training to research, enhancing the thematic strengths of the Strasbourg site but also contributing to its international influence.
Project leaders: Bertrand Séraphin, DR CNRS, Director of IGBMC; Nicolas Matt, MCU UNISTRA, IBMC
At Master level
- 1st step: Online registration in the Master’s program of your choice within the Faculty of Life Sciences, via E-Candidate: http://sciencesvie.unistra.fr/scolarite/admissions-2018-2019/
- 2 nd step: Tick your wish to integrate the EUR IMCBio in your precision of wishes to be provided when applying online
- 3rd stage: End of June: Selection of the candidates for the Master’s programme
- 4 th stage: Hearing of the candidates admitted to the Master’s programme and shortlisted for admission to the EUR
- 5 th stage: Mid-July: Selection of candidates integrating the EUR 2018-2019 promotion
- September 2018: first promotion of the EUR IMCBIO 2018-2019
At the doctoral level: Coming up.
As part of its research training activity, our laboratory “Architecture and Reactivity of the arN” offers internships to Master 2 students as well as thesis offers.
These offers are accessible to students at the University of Strasbourg (specialities “Integrated Molecular and Cellular Biology”, “Microorganism Biology” and “Physiopathology: from molecule to man”) as well as to students from other French and foreign universities.
ED Life & Health
ED Vie & Santé: Application form
Master of Chemistry and Biology